In somewhat dull and murky conditions today, visits to some of our regular venues provided some birds of interest.
At Harrington Airfield this morning there was a male Marsh Harrier hunting the top fields plus a Red Kite, a Turtle Dove, 2 Whinchats and a Wheatear. Two Ravens and a Red Kite were noted at Beck Dairy, Cottesbrooke.
At Blueberry Farm this afternoon, birds included a Red Kite, a Hobby and 4+ Whinchats.
Scanning north of the causeway at Pitsford Res this afternoon was sufficient to see the Ruddy Shelduck (present at 6pm until spooked by a low-flying balloon), 2 adult Yellow-legged Gulls, 5 Little Egrets, a Redshank, a Snipe and a Kingfisher. There were as many as 10 Chiffchaffs in the bushes by the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October