It has been one of those days !! .......a glorious Autumn day full of expectation which was fueled by 2 Crossbills and a Grey Wagtail going over the garden this morning. So I headed for Harrington Airfield where a good yomp round with my faithful old collie produced nothing . I couldn't find a single bird of note and the silence of the bushes was deafening !!!!
A couple of visits to the causeway at Pitsford produced the same result.
This evening Neil and I walked a huge circuit around Blueberry and the valley between Hanging Houghton and Cottesbrooke, where again the birds proved elusive. The only compensation being a rather beautiful sunset. But.....at 19.50hrs we picked up a Marsh Harrier hunting the wheat fields between HH and Cottesbrooke. As we watched it made several attempts to catch prey and finally it did appear to be "wrestling" with something on the ground.
Regards Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October