Yesterday evening (Monday), and a ringing session at Stortons GP aimed at catching roosting Swallows was successful with 40 birds caught (including a controlled bird from elsewhere) plus other species of birds were captured too. A repeat performance is planned for tomorrow evening (Wednesday).
At Pitsford Res this morning, Dave Francis ringed over 60 birds in the Scaldwell Bay as part of the Constant Effort Site monitoring process. Warblers included 5 Whitethroats, 4 Blackcaps, 4 Willow Warblers, a Chiffchaff, a Sedge Warbler and 2 Reed Warblers. Variety was in the shape of 2 Kingfishers and a Jay and numbers were provided in the plump shape of 10 Wrens!
This evening birds north of the causeway at Pitsford Res included an adult Yellow-legged Gull, a Hobby, a Little Egret and a Green Sandpiper.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October