I was up at dawn today and decided to walk around the big side of Pitsford Reservoir, before it got too busy with runners and cyclists. It was a lovely morning and to my surprise between the causeway and catwalk bay I could see 5 Little Egret and their larger companion the Great White Egret !! Goodness knows where that has been hiding as it is the first time I've managed to see this bird. There were also 2 Little Egret tucked in the back of grange bay and a further single bird in the yatch bay, so there could be as many as 8 Little Egret on the big side.
Other birds of note were 1 Green Sandpiper, 2 Common Sandpiper and a Ringed Plover.
Good numbers of wildfowl building up, notably Tufted Duck and Gadwall.......just in time for the pending Webs Count, oh joy !!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October