The Swallow roost total of birds caught and ringed at Stortons GP on Wednesday evening was 125.
A ringing session completed by Dave Francis at the Old Scaldwell Road Feeding Station at Pitsford Res on Wednesday evening and this morning resulted in the capture of 25 new birds including 7 Tree Sparrows. This provides a total of 52 Tree Sparrows ringed at the feeding station for the month of August alone. Other birds ringed included 4 Reed Warblers, a Spotted Flycatcher and a Sparrowhawk.
A Common Buzzard spent time fixated on the feeding station with a presumed interest in the rodents coming to the food and Dave also noted 6 Little Egrets, a Green Sandpiper and 2 Common Sandpipers (all Wednesday evening). Two Muntjac enjoyed munching their way through some of the broadcast seed!
This evening (Thursday) and the gull roost off the yacht club at Pitsford Res produced 2 juvenile Mediterranean Gulls and four Yellow-legged Gulls.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May