Yesterday evening (Thursday) saw two Hobbies chasing each other around in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res.
A ringing session was completed at Pitsford Res today (Friday), focussing mainly in the Scaldwell Bay. Seventy-four birds were caught which included 3 Mallard, a Kingfisher, 6 Blackcaps, a Garden Warbler, 2 Whitethroats, a Sedge Warbler, 2 Reed Warblers, a Willow Warbler and 3 Chiffchaffs. A Nuthatch there evaded capture!
Birds at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell this morning included 4 Whinchats in the southern-most field and 2 Red Kites.
An evening walk at Harrington Airfield this evening was productive with a juvenile Ring Ouzel near the middle bunker on the old airstrip, a Short-eared Owl, 2 Turtle Doves, a Red Kite and a Hobby.
The gull roost at Pitsford Res provided views of a juvenile Caspian Gull, 6 Yellow-legged Gulls, a juvenile Mediterranean Gull and 4-6 Common Terns, all visible from the yacht club.
Finally please view the new tab 'Little Owl' with some more excellent images from John Boland and an invitation to come up with a suitable caption!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October