Yesterday evening (Sunday) provided a Kingfisher at Welford Res and a Little Egret at adjacent Sulby Res, with families of Great Crested Grebes on both waters.
A walk around Harlestone Heath this morning (Monday) produced small numbers of very mobile Crossbills. They were only ever seen in flight and there may have been just up to half-a-dozen birds involved. A family of Spotted Flycatchers were also present near the A428 entrance.
A Hobby and the family of Little Owls were again present on the outskirts of Hanging Houghton this evening and four Crossbills flew south west over the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res at 8.10pm.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July