A walk around the Blueberry Farm complex near Maidwell this morning provided views of Barn Owl and Hobby, and a Grasshopper Warbler was singing from an oil seed rape field between Brixworth and Hanging Houghton.
A ringing session at Stortons GP this morning was busy with 95 birds caught and processed, 79 of which were new birds. Highlights were 4 juvenile Cetti's Warblers, 8 Chiffchaffs, 36 Reed Warblers, Linnet and 4 Reed Buntings.
A ringing session in the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res this morning was much quieter with only about 40 birds being caught. However it did include three juvenile Kingfishers and a few each of Garden Warbler, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Blackcap, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff. Two Mallard, a Coal Tit and a Marsh Tit added a bit of variety.
A Hobby was seen and two parties of Crossbills flew south-west over the reservoir during the morning, the first flock was only heard and probably numbered 4-5 birds and the second flock contained at least 5 birds.
A walk around Harrington Airfield this afternoon before the change in the weather failed to locate anything specifically of interest.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 2nd June