Now the card reader is playing up so no recent images to show currently!
Saturday morning saw us walking around a circular route east of Loch Sunart in the Ariundle oak woods. Super habitat which includes ancient oaks, some beech and plenty of more recent spruce and pine. Lots of singing birds included Redstart, Wood Warbler, Tree Pipit, Grey Wagtail, Spotted Flycatcher, Lesser Redpoll and Siskin. And plenty of discarded Pine Marten scats just to tease us!
This was our last day in the Ardamurchan area, and we drove south stopping at locations near Acham and Loch Arienas en-route to Lochaline. Three Golden Eagles put in brief performances and we notched up Goosander, Red-breasted Merganser, Greenshank and plenty of breeding Common Sandpipers. Then it was a short crossing over the Sound of Mull to Balmeanach and on to our next instalment which is a week staying on Mull!
The remainder of the day was unremarkable for wildlife as we made preparations for our stay, and of course we had to pay a visit to the multi-coloured sea-front at Tobermory (and a fish and chip supper)!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 2nd June