A couple of hours this morning at Earls Barton GP in pretty wet and cold weather was made birdable due to the hides on the Summer Leys reserve. Nine species of wader were on offer which included 2 Oystercatchers, a Bar-tailed Godwit, 2 Ringed Plovers, a Little Ringed Plover, a Turnstone, 4 Redshank, 5-6 Sanderling and 15 Dunlin. Plenty of big gulls about adding to the tension around the Black-headed Gull colony and Common Tern gathering.
A brief visit to Pitsford Reservoir this morning didn't produce anything of note, with moderate numbers of hirundines and several Swifts and Common Terns visible from the causeway.
Harrington Airfield provided singles of Wheatear and Whinchat this morning.
Eleanor & Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October