A visit to the woods on the Kelmarsh Estate this morning was pleasant and a redpoll sp was at Sunderland Wood, a Siskin was at Kelmarsh Hall and a couple of Siskins were still at Scotland Wood. Despite the warmer weather now, the woodland wild bird feeders are still being emptied rapidly and we are visiting every three or four days still to keep pace. This is far later than last year.
We still have a few buntings visiting the garden and now 3 Tree Sparrows are regularly feeding on the seed.
A beautiful evening tempted us out to Blueberry Farm near Maidwell, and birds included a Short-eared Owl and at least one Hobby.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July