Although not ideal conditions, ringers in the county have utilized mist nets at Stortons GP, Pitsford Res and Scotland Wood to catch and ring birds over the week-end.
Small numbers were caught at Pitsford during what will probably be the last targeted session at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station until the autumn. The session ensured that to date 124 new Yellowhammers have been caught and ringed there this calendar year plus 53 Tree Sparrows and 39 Reed Buntings.
Scotland Wood produced 58 captures which included five species of tit, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Nuthatch, Chiffchaff and a good showing of Chaffinch. Other birds noted on-site included a Raven, 8 Siskins and 2 Lesser Redpolls.
Details of the captures at Stortons GP have yet to be received.
Despite a wind switch from the north to the south, it seems that it hasn't produced much in the way of new migrants as yet!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October