This morning was spent visiting all the local feed stations where the food is still being consumed avidly. Another sign of a cold and rather unforgiving Spring!
There were still a few Lesser Redpoll and Siskin in the Kelmarsh Estate woodlands as well as small numbers of singing Willow Warblers, Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps.
At Pitsford Res a first year male Peregrine upset the local pair of Oystercatcher, but I'm sure they'll get over it! A Brambling remains at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station. A small band of 10 House Martins feeding off the yacht club was a welcoming sight.
The garden here at Hanging Houghton continues to attract small numbers of Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting and a couple of Tree Sparrow.
Here's looking forward to a sunny week-end!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October