Birds in and around Sunderland Wood on the Kelmarsh Estate this morning included a Red Kite, 3 Woodcock, 4 redpoll sp, a Siskin, 2 singing Bramblings and lots of singing Redwings.
The garden at Hanging Houghton was busy today with an influx of new birds which included 2-3 Blackcaps, a Siskin, 5 Reed Buntings, 5 Yellowhammers, 2 Nuthatch and 1-2 Tree Sparrow(s).
Plenty of diurnal migration all day today which involved common finches, Meadow Pipits, Pied Wagtails, winter thrushes and gulls all filtering over north and east.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May