A ringing session at Pitsford Res yesterday afternoon and this morning was completed at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station with Dave Francis presiding. Some 62 birds were captured and new birds included 9 Tree Sparrows, 9 Goldfinches, 7 Yellowhammers, 7 Chaffinches, 3 Reed Buntings, a Brambling, a Mallard and a Kestrel.
Other birds noted at Pitsford today included an Osprey around the feed station and Scaldwell Bay at about 2pm, the Great White Egret was in the flooded field at the back of the Holcot Bay just before this. A male Wheatear and 3 Green Sandpipers were on a flooded field below the dam and still present at 3pm.
A dozen Bramblings were back at Harrington Airfield this morning, and a pair of Grey Partridge were still present. Sadly we lost one of our Reed Buntings to predation in the garden today (scattered feathers was the only evidence).
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October