This morning there were 6 Bramblings and 2 Tree Sparrows on the seed at Harrington Airfield and 2 Grey Partridge between Lamport and Draughton.
This afternoon a WeBS count was completed at Pitsford Res in pleasant weather conditions. An Osprey appeared over the reservoir from the south at about 3.35pm, and then went on to fish in the Walgrave Bay. A Rock Pipit was present on the causeway, generally on the north facing parapet, and a Sand Martin flew north at 3pm. Two 'redhead' Smew were north of the causeway and the third calendar year Yellow-legged Gull was again present. Siskins were well-scattered all the way around the reservoir, with an estimated c40 in total. A Brambling was near the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station, c6 'redpolls' were about and c65 Snipe were present in the margins. At least 22 Cormorant nests are currently occupied.
Eleanor and Neil.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July