Something of a partial thaw today in reasonably warm sunshine, but the wind strength has increased and it is freezing again now.
A short but busy ringing session was completed at Sunderland Wood today, most of the birds being common tits, but 2 new Nuthatches and 2 new Great Spotted Woodpeckers were most welcome. Other birds noted in and around this ash-dominated wood on the Kelmarsh Estate included a Siskin and a Raven.
Two Woodcock and a Siskin were at Scotland Wood this afternoon and Kelmarsh Hall continued to attract 'winter finches'.
The best birds in the garden at Hanging Houghton included a Tree Sparrow, a Brambling and several Fieldfares and the two Mistle Thrushes again, plus small numbers of Reed Buntings and Yellowhammers.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July