A damp, drizzerley and still very cold day here in Northants, I think without sunshine at any stage of the day.
I could hear a Brambling or two at Harrington Airfield in the half-light of dawn this morning as I was spreading out their daily breakfast! A similar story at Kelmarsh Hall with singing Siskins adding their vocalisation to a background of calling redpolls and Bramblings.
I was fortunate to visit a East Hunsbury garden today at the invitation of our county recorder Mike Alibone. The garden feeders are attracting good numbers of Siskins and Lesser Redpolls at the moment but also one or two redpolls of debatable identity (not seen today). An estimated 40 Siskins and 15 Lesser Redpolls were visiting the garden during the three hour period.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July