A ringing session at Kelmarsh Hall today confirmed the presence of at least 1 Brambling, 4 Lesser Redpolls and 19 Siskins. Big gulls were seen regularly moving north over this site from lunch-time well in to the afternoon.
At Hanging Houghton today the Red Kites had increased to 3 and the 2 Ravens were seen again, with at least 4 Lesser Redpolls in the garden.
A visit to Ravensthorpe Res this afternoon paid off with a Bittern visible from the causeway on the small side at about 3.30pm. Other birds included 6 Smew (4 'redheads' on the small side and 2 drakes by the dam), a Water Rail, 4 Siskins and a Kingfisher.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October