In the garden today I saw 4 Lesser Redpolls, 2 male Bramblings and the Common Buzzard on our roof and in nearby trees for much of the day!
At Brixworth CP this morning there were 10 Lesser Redpolls, with 2 Kingfishers at the adjacent Pitsford Reservoir in Pintail Bay. At the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station at least one Brambling could be heard calling but were not seen.
At Harrington Airfield this afternoon there were at least a dozen Bramblings in the usual spot off the Draughton Road.
At 3.30pm, five Short-eared Owls were visible all together in the southern-most field at Blueberry Farm, their actions suggesting they had just arrived or were just going!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October