Birds in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton this morning included 2 Ravens and a Red Kite, with the Stonechat still at Blueberry Farm. A flock of 25 Waxwings were seen flying towards Blueberry Farm.
At Pitsford Res this morning the Slavonian Grebe was still present south of the causeway off the Brixworth bank, half way between the Gorse Bushes and Stone Bridge Bay. Three Lesser Redpolls were in the same area. A single Goosander and a 'redhead' Smew were present in the Scaldwell Bay.
At Sywell CP this afternoon, a 'redhead' Smew was still present as was a Water Rail, a Kingfisher and a flock of 60-70 Siskins with some intermixed redpolls which included Lessers. A foraging Red Kite was at Mears Ashby.
Two Waxwings were flying around Hanging Houghton just before dusk this afternoon.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October