The birds were so hungry in the garden today they took almost no notice of movements within the house and permitted some photos through the double-glazing (please see opposite).
Birds in the garden today included 6 Bramblings, half-a-dozen Fieldfare and singles of Lesser Redpoll, Tree Sparrow, Reed Bunting and Yellowhammer amongst the throng of more common species.
At least one Brambling was at Kelmarsh Hall and 2 Woodcock were flushed at Sunderland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) this morning.
Birds in the northern-most field at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell this morning included a Short-eared Owl, a Barn Owl, a Red Kite and 2 Snipe.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May