Birds in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res this morning included a Crossbill, a Brambling, a Willow Tit and a Woodcock.
Birds searching for food in the garden here at Hanging Houghton included Nuthatch, Yellowhammer, Fieldfare, Redwing and three Bramblings. There were at least 8 Bramblings feeding within the throng of birds on the seed at Harrington Airfield this morning.
This afternoon a Black-necked Grebe was located off the dam at Pitsford Res, close to the valve tower, with a Chiffchaff in waterside bushes at the dam/yacht club junction.
Birds at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell this afternoon included a hunting Short-eared Owl and a Barn Owl, both in the northern-most field.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October