Freezing fog ensured that any attempt to complete the WeBS count at Pitsford today was abandoned; the freezing fog never did clear all day.
Birds in the garden here at Hanging Houghton included 5 Bramblings, several Fieldfares, Redwing, Yellowhammer and a vociferous Mistle Thrush. Despite the harsh conditions, Great Spotted Woodpeckers could be heard drumming and Great Tits singing!
Little else of note to report today - 4 Lesser Redpolls at Hanging Houghton sewer works feeding on Rose-bay Willowherb and a hunting Barn Owl at Blueberry Farm being about the best!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July