With the disappearance of the snow and comparative soaring temperatures, the birds that have been regular in the garden for the last ten days were mostly absent today. We've been abandoned!
A few birds did show up which included a pair of Brambling briefly, 3 Lesser Redpolls and the Nordic-like Jackdaw in the sheep field behind the garden.
A visit to Ravensthorpe Res this afternoon was a treat with a posse of eight Smew (two drakes), a first winter drake Scaup and four Pintail.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October