Driving through Wilby village this morning, Eleanor saw two Waxwings in roadside bushes.
At Pitsford Res this morning at 10.15am, a Bittern was disturbed from the water's edge in the Scaldwell Meadow and it flew to The Point where it landed out of view in the waterside willow trees. The first record at Pitsford for quite some number of years I think. Other birds in the immediate area included two Ravens over and a Brambling at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station.
At Harrington Airfield, a calling Snow Bunting flew over the concrete track just past the straw bale stacks at 1.45pm, flying low north. It gave the impression of having flown up off the ground with a Skylark and was only about a metre off the ground when it went out of view so could still be in the area.
A quick wander around the thawing and waterlogged fields at the south end of Blueberry Farm this afternoon failed to locate any Short-eared Owls.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October