This morning what was either a Snow or Lapland Bunting was heard calling in/over drilled stubble fields adjacent to the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res. The distinctive 'tiu' call, which both of these species emit, was heard several times during a 10 minute period from 9am but despite a search the bird was never seen and presumably moved on. The call was most similar to Snow.
Birds visible in the Walgrave Bay today included the Great White Egret, a couple of Siskins, 1-2 redpoll sp, a Chiffchaff and with both Marsh and Willow Tits coming to the feeders in Christies Copse.
A ringing session at Stortons GP this morning captured 65 birds, the more interesting being another Lesser Redpoll and a Chiffchaff.
This afternoon there was a male Peregrine and a Woodcock in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton and at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell a small flock of 8 Dark-bellied Brent Geese flew west over Haselbech Hill at 2.40pm. Other birds at Blueberry included a Woodcock and 2 Ravens.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October