Limited opportunity for birding today on a very grey dank day in the county.
A single Brambling was on the scattered seed at Harrington Airfield this morning. Neil Hasdell located the Slavonian Grebe at Pitsford Res this morning, present off the Brixworth bank next to The Gorses (about half way between the causeway and the dam). A 'redhead' Smew was still present off The Pines and a Redshank was at the yacht club this afternoon.
At 3.05pm this afternoon a lock of 11 Waxwings were in a garden at The Croft, Hanging Houghton briefly, before flying towards Lamport Grange. Two Bramblings and a redpoll sp were also flying around the gardens.
Finally this afternoon there was a male Stonechat in the most northerly field at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell plus a hunting Barn Owl.
We thought we would add an image of a pink male Lesser Redpoll caught yesterday to brighten the day up (please see below)!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October