This morning there was a female Merlin and a Woodcock at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell.
At about 10.45am this morning the Great White Egret was with 3 Little Egrets on the floodwater at the back of the Holcot Bay at Pitsford Res, as viewed from the Hannington Road.
At 11.45am a Waxwing flew over the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res, this high-flying but vocal bird was heading east. There was a Woodcock flushed from Christies Copse.
Just after 12 noon today there were at least 10 Bramblings on the seed at Harrington Airfield, later joined by a large covey of 15 Grey Partridges.
A 1st winter Mediterranean Gull was present in the gull roost at Pitsford Res this afternoon.
E & N
Bramblings with other birds
at Harrington Airfield
Adult Common Gull
Flock of Lapwings
Lapwing at the water's edge
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October