A ringing session at Scotland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) today turned out to be quite a muddy affair! We caught 60 birds which were all standard birds for the site and included a Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Treecreepers, 2 Marsh Tits and 6 Goldcrests. Other birds noted in the wood included 2 Woodcock, 2 Raven, a Brambling and a couple of Siskins.
At Harrington Airfield today there were 10 Bramblings still coming to the seed by the entrance off the Draughton Road and 2 Ravens were seen too. A male Brambling was again in our garden at Hanging Houghton.
There were 2 Red Kites at Wellingborough Grange this afternoon and a flock of 15 Waxwings flew over calling loudly on their way towards Wellingborough town.
A relative large gull roost at Pitsford Res this afternoon included an adult Mediterranean Gull and a Kingfisher was present too.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October