A cold but pleasant day today but with encroaching freezing fog this evening. Hello the winter!
Today there were a couple of Bramblings in the garden here at Hanging Houghton with several Siskins and 2 Nuthatches close by. An adult male Peregrine was in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton this morning and a Barn Owl was hunting at Blueberry Farm this afternoon.
Dave Francis was ringing at Pitsford Res at the old Scaldwell Road feeding station and caught 36 new birds which included 10 Goldfinches, 4 Chaffinches, 3 Lesser Redpolls, 3 Tree Sparrows, 3 Yellowhammers, a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a Moorhen.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October