A visit to Sywell CP today provided about 30 Siskins and at least a dozen 'redpolls'. The strong wind meant these birds were being tossed around in the small trees and observations were difficult.
About half a dozen Siskins were at both Sunderland Wood and Kelmarsh Hall this afternoon, with small numbers of Lesser Redpolls at the latter.
At Pitsford Res this evening the only different bird on view off the yacht club was a single Redshank, a species which has been very scarce this autumn/winter.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May