Clearly the interesting weather conditions locally made birding somewhat difficult so this morning was spent filling up feeders at wild bird feed stations in very wet conditions.
This afternoon we again went west to Boddington Res but were unable to pick out the Bonaparte's Gull amongst the throng of other gulls in poor lighting conditions. Such was the behaviour of the birds and their late arrival, it could easily have been there.
Other birds included a first winter Mediterranean Gull, a drake Red-crested Pochard, a Little Egret, up to 3 Kingfishers and a Water Rail.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July