This morning the Great White Egret was visible at Pitsford Res from the causeway from about 9.20am to 10am at least. It was perched in waterside bushes with Grey Herons between the Holcot and Walgrave Bays.
A good circuit of the Blueberry Farm area near Maidwell this morning was mostly uneventful with just a Red Kite, 2 Ravens and small numbers of Siskins and redpoll sp to show for a couple of hours of wandering.
Sad news was received today of an Otter that was killed on the road causeway at Pitsford Res last week. An examination of the corpse today suggested it was an adult female animal.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October