Birds at Blueberry Farm this morning included 2 Short-eared Owls and a fine female Merlin all in the southern-most field.
At Harrington Airfield later there were plenty of common birds present plus an adult female Peregrine and 2 Ravens.
At Pitsford Res there was a Water Pipit in the vicinity of the Maytrees Hide at about 11.15am. At the same time three adult Whooper Swans were espied in the Scaldwell Bay. The swans later moved in to the Walgrave Bay where they were still present at 2.15pm.
Unfortunately the Bonaparte's Gull wasn't picked out amongst the Black-headed Gulls at Boddington Res this afternoon. A couple of Kingfishers, 2 Grey Wagtails and singles of Brambling and redpoll sp were rather poor compensation.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October