A visit to Hollowell Reservoir today failed to find any particular birds of note. Ravensthorpe Reservoir provided a female Red-crested Pochard and 3 Mandarin Ducks (2 drakes) which were visible from the causeway.
At Harlestone Heath this afternoon there were 100+ Siskins roaming around the trees with small numbers of unidentified redpolls. Two Ring-necked Parakeets flew from the Lodge Farm area and overflew the rough area between Harlestone Heath and Kings Heath.
Three Bramblings were present at Harrington Airfield this morning.
Ringing at Kelmarsh Hall produced over 60 captures which included 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 3 Treecreepers, a Marsh Tit, a Willow Tit, a Brambling, 3 Lesser Redpolls and 11 Siskins.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May