Birding at Harrington Airfield this morning provided the female Merlin again, a Peregrine, a Short-eared Owl and 6 Bramblings and at least 12 Grey Partridges.
Also this morning the Black-necked Grebe was still present at Pitsford Res just off the dam and at 1pm the Great White Egret was on show between the Holcot and Walgrave Bays. A flock of 50+ Siskins were present at Brixworth Country Park.
A ringing session at Sunderland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) produced 62 captures which included a Great Spotted Woodpecker and 4 Nuthatches but with the majority of bird being tits. Interestingly of 23 Great Tits caught only 3 were birds born this year, another indicator of the very poor breeding season for this and allied species. Another interesting capture was of an adult Blue Tit which was ringed in our garden at Hanging Houghton in September. Clearly it has decided that our many garden feeders were not to it's satisfaction and moved on up to Kelmarsh!
N & E
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October