Birds at Blueberry Farm this morning included a Red Kite, a pair of Ravens and a Hobby. Plenty of migrants in the fields and hedges between there and the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton included good numbers of Meadow Pipits and Blackcaps. Birds moving south included a single Brambling.
The water level at Pitsford Res has dropped a little over the last week or so, but it was still something of a pleasant surprise to see a flock of 7 Little Egrets this morning on the shoreline between the Bird Club Hide and Maytrees Hide. A common bird now in the Nene Valley gravel pit complexes, they tend to only linger at the reservoirs if there is some nice muddy edges. Other birds noted at Pitsford this morning included a south-bound redpoll sp. and 2 Ravens. There are good numbers of Tree Sparrows and Greenfinches in particular making use of the old Scaldwell Road feeding station.
Two Ravens overflying the garden here at Hanging Houghton were potentially the third pair encountered this morning! Melancholy-sounding Siskins continue to undulate south or linger around the gardens.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July