Some ringing in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res was accomplished this morning with 56 birds caught and released. Birds processed included 6 Chiffchaffs, a couple of Goldcrests and a Blackcap.
There were plenty more Goldcrests and Chiffchaffs and several Blackcaps in the bushes, together with at least 3 Marsh Tits and a Willow Tit. Moving migrants included a Grey Wagtail, a couple of Yellow Wagtails, c10 Siskins, 2 redpoll sp and relatively small numbers of Meadow Pipits and 'alba' wagtails. Two Kingfishers were careering around the margins.
Plenty of dragonflies were still on the wing, mostly Ruddy Darters and Migrant Hawkers but also a late Brown Hawker.
A Rock Pipit flew high south over Hanging Houghton at about 3.15pm (calling well).
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October