Today a WeBS count was completed at Pitsford Res but only small numbers of wetland birds were present. A Caspian Gull was present in the Walgrave Bay, a Black-necked Grebe was present just off the dam and a Red Kite sauntered over the nature reserve. Other birds included a Common Tern, a Goldeneye and a continuous southward movement of Siskins and Meadow Pipits.
The best big bird of the day was the Avro Vulcan displaying over the reservoir, sometimes in tandem with a Spitfire and the local demonstration team The Blades!
At least one Nuthatch visited the garden today and 2 Ravens played in the airspace overhead for a short time.
E & N
(photos by Neil Hasdell)
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October