A run around the Harlestone Heath area this morning was sufficient to note about 4 Crossbills by the A428 entrance and small numbers of Siskins throughout the wood.
Ravensthorpe Res seemed quiet apart from the long-staying Goldeneye and a Kingfisher. The adjacent Hollowell Res held an adult Yellow-legged Gull, a Hobby and 2 Yellow Wagtails. At least 10 Common Buzzards were on show over the ridge.
Pitsford Reservoir north of the causeway remains uninspiring with birds noted this evening comprising of the two drake Red-crested Pochard still, a Goldeneye, a Kingfisher and a Siskin.
Two Whinchats and a Wheatear were present at the south end of the Blueberry Farm complex this evening.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May