John Woollett and his ringing team caught 154 Swallows last night (evening of 1st Sept) at Stortons GP which included three 'controlled' birds, i.e. birds ringed elsewhere. The catch also included a few other species including Reed Warblers and Sand Martins.
An adult Yellow-legged Gull was in a field with Lesser Black-backs near Arthingworth this afternoon, and at about 5pm a flock of 6 vocal Crossbills flew low south over Hanging Houghton, the first I have noted for a couple of weeks.
The gull roost at Pitsford Res this evening included a 1st winter Mediterranean Gull, 2 Caspian Gulls (juvenile and 4th winter), 3 Yellow-legged Gulls and 14 Common Terns.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October