This morning there were 6 Whinchats and 2 Wheatears in the Brampton Valley between Hanging Houghton and Cottesbrooke. There were also 2 more Whinchats on the Brampton Valley Way near Brixworth.
A CES ringing session took place at Pitsford Res this morning with over 40 passerines being caught in the Scaldwell Bay. Local juvenile Wrens and migrant Willow Warblers, in all probability from northern Britain, were the dominant species.
Other birds noted included 2 Ospreys over at 11.40am, a Green Sandpiper, a Kingfisher and a Nuthatch.
The warm weather brought out plenty of butterflies and other insects which included many Essex Skippers, Ruddy Darters and hover-flies; also with singles of Southern and Migrant Hawker.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May