This afternoon, inbetween the showers, birds in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton included 2 Whinchats, a Hobby and 2 Kingfishers.
Scanning from the causeway at Ravensthorpe Res revealed a pair of Red-crested Pochard, a Goldeneye, 2 adult Yellow-legged Gulls and 2 Swifts.
On next to Hollowell Res which produced 2 juvenile Little Ringed Plovers, a Green Sandpiper, 4 Common Sandpipers, ca9 Yellow Wagtails and 12 Common Terns.
Finally a late visit to the gull roost at Pitsford Res attracted 2 Mediterranean Gulls (2nd winter and a juvenile moulting to 1st winter), 2 adult Yellow-legged Gulls, 9 Common Terns and a Curlew flying over moving south.
E & N
Little Ringed Plover
Mallard and Shoveler
Gadwall and Mallard and Teal and Shoveler
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October