Nick and Michael Wood were ringing near to Chase Park Farm, Yardley Hastings this morning which is one of their regular ringing sites. They were both surprised and delighted when they found a Pied Flycatcher in the mist net (please find images below courtesy of Michael).
The bird was in the area near to the old railway line reached by Chase Park Road and then progressing past the farm (near to where the Great Grey Shrike was earlier in the year).
In the meantime I was down in Hertfordshire this morning ringing at Hillfield Reservoir where a Redstart graced the nets (please see below images). It was judged to be an adult female...
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October