This morning birds in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton included a Red Kite, a juvenile Peregrine, 2 Golden Plovers and 2 Ravens.
At 7.35pm this evening a juvenile Marsh Harrier was hunting over cereal fields between the village of Old and Pitsford Res. This bird appeared different to the original Pitsford bird inasmuch that its crown seemed much duller and the bird itself seemed broader-winged and potentially a little larger.
A few birds noted at Pitsford Res in the vicinity of the yacht club this evening included a Yellow-legged Gull, about 4 Common Sandpipers and a Greenshank.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October